This event is part of the international visitors' program UFO #3 organized by Flanders Arts Institute and UFO, a platform of artists' studios in Flanders and Brussels. The program introduces international professionals to forms of support and development for artists in Flanders.
Each guest curator will give a presentation about his/her/their organisation after which we will dive into their knowledge and network in smaller groups. Please note that all conversations will take place in English.
Our guests come from various parts of Europe and are closely involved in supporting artists from their positions as artists or curators:
- Sophie Dogterom – Programmer Visual Arts at De Brakke Grond (Amsterdam, NL)
- Frank Lamb – Artist Development Coordinator for East Street Arts (Leeds, UK)
- Matthew Nevin – Co-director of MART Gallery & Studios (Dublin, Ierland)
- Alberta Romano – Curator at Kunsthalle Lissabon (Lissabon, Portugal)
- Kate Westen – Senior Producer at East Street Arts (Leeds, UK)
- Juha Huuskonen – Director of HIAP (Helsinki, FI)
- Rocco Ruglio-Misurell – Co-director Horse & Pony (Berlin, DE)
☛ Find out more about participating curators and organisations at www.platform-ufo.be
The UFO programme is set up by UFO partners MORPHO (Antwerp), VONK (Hasselt & Genk), NUCLEO (Ghent), Cas-co (Leuven), De Tank (Bruges), Level Five (Brussels) and Kunstenpunt. This third edition is an initiative of NUCLEO and De Tank, supported by Kunstenpunt.
Photo Atelier Jan Vandeplancke, © Eveliene Deraedt